Welcome!

Feel free to look around, browse, chat, and laugh :) I hope you enjoy the "snapshots" I show you and maybe pick up a few tricks. (Or teach me some!)

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sherlock

Yesterday, I battled through the snow and ice to see a movie. The movie was the new Sherlock Holmes. I admit it was a good adventure movie, the graphics were amazing (including the slightly overused and melodramatic usage of slow-mo) and there was plenty of eccentric comedy to keep the laughs up. As with the first, it is interesting to see how the film makers broke everything down as if it was going through Holmes and Moriarty's mind. I enjoy being able to follow their thoughts like I would do when reading the actual books. I won't spoil the ending but I will say, it was fun to see how it partially followed the original books.

All together Robert Downey Jr. shown as an upbeat Sherlock and I was glad that Jude Law as Watson stepped it up to be a hero at the end.

Trivia: Brad Pitt, Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn and Javier Bardem were all considered to play the evil Dr. James Moriarty. (I can't see Brad Pitt as being an evil mathematical genius, and Gary Oldman is just too nice! Between being a hero in both Harry Potter and Batman, it would be strange to envision him as Moriarty. Javier Bardem wouldn't be bad, Somehow though... Sean Bean sticks out as  good Moriarty, I mean, a James Bond villain coming back!)

There are many other movies about Sherlock Holmes, Wiki actually tells us that there are 44 Sherlock Holmes movies made throughout the ages. One that I would recommend though, if you're willing to let go out your original "new movies" view of Homes and that is The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. If you have time, check it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment