Welcome!

Feel free to look around, browse, chat, and laugh :) I hope you enjoy the "snapshots" I show you and maybe pick up a few tricks. (Or teach me some!)

Monday, December 19, 2011

Jack anyone?

Dear Nightmare Before Christmas,


       So are you a Christmas movie or a     Halloween movie? 
        
                                  Sincerely,
                                   Confused

These are for one of my best friends, who is another fan of Tim Burton. (He scowls at me whenever I tell him I've never seen the Nightmare Before Christmas!) Also note that the above in orange is from a grand website which entertains me quite thoroughly in school, www.dearblankpleaseblank.com .

Back to business! All of the shirts and crafts I make are quite easy and very fun. The gloves are one size fits all and I got them at Walmart for a heavy price of $1.40, and can you believe it? It was for ONLY two sets of gloves! From there it was just a matter of painting the face on. Thankfully, Jack Skellington is a fairly easy character. The shirt was only a tad more expensive. I usually pick up Fruit of the Loom shirts, $12-$15 for a pack of 7 shirts. However, I needed a lot more paint for the shirts because it is good to do at least two coats of paint. Most shirts I can do freehand but on some harder ones (more detailed Audrey Hepburn one) I use a projector, from there trace the image and finish by painting.

Helpful hint: use large manuscript paper clips to secure your fabric backboard of some sort,  use a sturdy canvas but cardboard would work just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment