Welcome!

Feel free to look around, browse, chat, and laugh :) I hope you enjoy the "snapshots" I show you and maybe pick up a few tricks. (Or teach me some!)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Winnie the Pooh in Oil Pastels




    As my first work in oil pastels (in a long time!), I decided to try something simple and thus, this Winnie the Pooh was created! I had a great time working on it. It was a good chance to try oil pastels because I got to try working in this medium while doing something with a simple color scheme. To get the shades blended (Which don't show up too well on the photo), I used Kleenex and my fingers. I noticed that The colors really lightened as I blended things resulting in me having do do several coats. Also, I had to be careful with the black of the eyebrow, eye and nose. The black and red shavings loved to find their way to the yellow. Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment