Welcome!

Feel free to look around, browse, chat, and laugh :) I hope you enjoy the "snapshots" I show you and maybe pick up a few tricks. (Or teach me some!)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cooking Activity: Deviled Eggs

How Disney at family.go.com says my eggs should look
Today, I am covering something new- food! For those who do not know me, I can make: peanut butter sandwiches, PB&J sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwich, cereal (all varieties!), popcorn, TV dinners, and finally... Shake 'N Bake.

However, I have always loved Deviled Eggs and so I decided to expand my horizon and ask my mom to show me how to make them. Her instructions were simple. 

1. Hard-boil eggs according to altitude. I live in high altitude so I boiled for about 8 minutes and then let sit another 5 in the water. I started with 5 eggs. 

2. Peel and slice the eggs in half, top to bottom, not side to side.... like I did haha

3. Remove the yoke from the eggs and mix that with two regular sized drops of mustard, a big spoon full of mayo, and sprinkle of salt and pepper. After, taste test a bit of the concoction, and add more of any ingredient as needed. 

4. Scoop mixture into the crevice of the egg halves and sprinkle with a bit of paprika. 

This was how I heard it; however, there are a lot of well written directions out there. 

Here is a link to good directions:  http://family.go.com/food/recipe-810813-deviled-eggs-t/ 

And below.... is how MY eggs turned out. Nevertheless, they tasted great!
How my eggs looked 

No comments:

Post a Comment